[R] Strange package installation error

Janet Rosenbaum janet.rosenbaum at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 02:43:41 CEST 2009

Hi.  I'm trying to install a new package.  I'm a relatively long-time
(though not advanced) R user and have never seen this error before.
For the first example, I tried a few different CRAN mirrors.  In the
second example, the file does exist; I downloaded it from the CRAN
website for the package and pasted in the name exactly a few different
times to make sure it was right.

> install.packages("DiagnosisMed")
Warning message:
package ‘DiagnosisMed’ is not available
> install.packages("/Users/janet/Desktop/Camino-downloads/DiagnosisMed_0.2.2.1.tar.gz")
Warning message:
package ‘/Users/janet/Desktop/Camino-downloads/DiagnosisMed_0.2.2.1.tar.gz’
is not available

Permissions:
[Macintosh:~/Desktop/Camino downloads] janet% ls -l DiagnosisMed_0.2.2.1.tar.gz
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 janet  janet  42731 Aug 17 17:31 DiagnosisMed_0.2.2.1.tar.gz

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Janet
--
Janet Rosenbaum, Ph.D., A.M.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
janet at post.harvard.edu