[R] FYI conflict between statnet, igraph

Gábor Csárdi csardi at rmki.kfki.hu
Tue Aug 18 12:54:32 CEST 2009

Ben,

I believe that the reason for this is that both packages define
functions with the same name and the 'network' package does not have a
NAMESPACE.

A possible workaround is to load the 'igraph' package first, and then
'statnet' (which loads 'network', etc.) next. At least

library(igraph)
library(statnet)
example(network)

works fine. Best,