[R] Odp: Replacing NA values in one column of a data.frame

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Aug 18 14:43:03 CEST 2009

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 17.08.2009 17:41:59:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to replace NA values with -9999 in one column of a data
frame. I've

Well, Jim sent you a solution but I would rise a question, why do you want
to do that. R has many instruments how to smoothly handle NA (missing
values) but not many how to handle -9999 values.

See
?na.omit
na.action or na.rm parameters in many modelling or summary functions.

Regards
Petr