[R] Odp: Polygon function

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Aug 18 14:54:56 CEST 2009

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 17.08.2009 16:18:43:

> Dear all,
> I would like to plot credible interval for a function estimate in R. I
> would like to plot the credible intervals as shaded region using polygon
> function. Does anyone ever used that? I tried several times but I could
> not obtain the right figure.
>
> xis=sort(xi,decreasing=TRUE)
>
> plot(xi,fm)
> polygon(c(xi,xis),c(f05m,f95m))
>
> The above piece of code produces something else.

Above piece of code produces errors

> xis=sort(xi,decreasing=TRUE)
Error in sort(xi, decreasing = TRUE) : object 'xi' not found
> plot(xi,fm)
Error in plot(xi, fm) : object 'xi' not found
> polygon(c(xi,xis),c(f05m,f95m))
Error in xy.coords(x, y) : object 'f05m' not found

Recently there was a threads about shading between 2 lines and se interval
for prediction. And also in help page ?predict.lm you can find a code for
plotting prediction interval for linear model

Regards
Petr