[R] heatmap and dendrogram

Rnewbie xuancj at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 15:21:23 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I generated a heatmap with the heatmap() function with the default
"complete" linkage method, but when I add the argument

Rowv=as.dendrogram(hclust(dist(matrix), method="complete")),

The dendrogram generated is different from the dendrogram produced by
heatmap() with default settings. Could someone kindly point out where my
mistakes are?

P.S. When I did

clust<-hclust(dist(matrix), method="complete")

plot(clust)
clust$order

the dendrogram or the order of genes is different from the dendrogram
generated by heatmap() with default settings