[R] postscript, options

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Tue Aug 18 16:39:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:52:58 +0100 e-letter <inpost at gmail.com> wrote:

EL> On 18/08/2009, Rodrigo Aluizio <r.aluizio at gmail.com> wrote:
EL> > I'm not shure but I guess that you miss a " and putted it in the
EL> > wrong place!
EL> > Try this:
EL> > postscript("/pathto/filename.eps",horizontal=FALSE,onefile=FALSE)
EL> >
EL> > Hope It helps.
EL>
EL> Thank you, that did help a little, but the eps file was faulty and I
EL> could not open in either imagemagick or gimp. I found it easier and
EL> quicker to copy the graph into gimp, save in png and use imagemagick
EL> to convert to eps format.

What an effort which also yields bad results regarding quality! EPS is
vector oriented and I doubt that PNG to EPS gives nice results besides
if you prefer it as such why not directly create a png using the png
device?

What do you mean with faulty? I suspect it was to large because you
forgot the paper="special" option. Otherwise it creates an A4 plot.

postscript("/pathto/filename.eps",horizontal=FALSE,onefile=FALSE,paper="special")

see
?grDevices::postscript

for the options.

Stefan