[R] BUGS

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Aug 19 19:30:47 CEST 2009

stephen sefick wrote:
> Naively it seems that there is no school.txt file in your specified directory.
>
> Stephen Sefick
>
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:05 PM, James
> Lenihan<jameslenihan at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I am running a BUGS function with following
>>
>> schools.sim <-bugs(data,inits,
>>                              parameters,
>>                              model.file="schools.txt",
>>                              n.chains=3,
>>                              n.iter=1000,
>>                              bugs.directory="E:/Rprograms")
>>
>> My model.file IS in the directory ="E:/Rprograms" and the code is:

According to ?bugs:

bugs.directory: directory that contains the WinBUGS executable. If the
global option R2WinBUGS.bugs.directory is not NULL, it will be used as
the default.

working.directory: sets working directory during execution of this
function; WinBUGS' in- and output will be stored in this directory; if
NULL, a temporary working directory via tempdir is used.

So either specify working.directory in a way that it points to the
model.txt file or specify a full path name for your model.file

I don't believe that bugs.directory="E:/Rprograms" will do anything
sensible (as it should point to your WinBUGS installation.

Uwe Ligges