[R] eval and evironments: call local function in a global function

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Fri Aug 21 13:57:59 CEST 2009

And to make things a bit more difficult: I also use the multicore package.
So I guess that naively modifying setVar in my package namespace would
not be appropriate as each process needs to define its own setVar
function. Unless setVar is implemented so that it knows which process is
calling it and respond accordingly.
I need to give more thinking to that than what I expected to.
Do you think I'm just bothering myself in vain (:() or that one can get
to a sound and robust solution (except the object one)?