[R] Surpress one panel in lattice plot..?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:20:56 CEST 2009

Dear list,

I have a two character vector with two different values in them (two
each, that is). Naturally, when I use these vectors as grouping
factors in a lattice plot, I get four panels.
Now, one of the possible four combinations will never have data, so
one panel will always be empty. So now my question is: can I force R /
Lattice not to print it, and give me only the 3 filled panels?

I have tried adding "layout=c(3,1)" to the list of arguments, but that
gives me one plot that looks like I want it to, and then a new plot
with just the empty panel. I use this in an odfWeave document, so just
getting the last (empty) plot in the output is not really what I want.

I do of course appreciate all the help I can get on this.

/Fredrik

--
"Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't
get anything out of it."