[R] Partykit Document

Polwart Calum (County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust) calum.polwart at nhs.net
Tue Aug 25 20:59:29 CEST 2009

>Example,
>data("GlaucomaM", package = "ipred") is accepted. Now instead of GlaucomaM,
I> need to give my own data. But the data format for GlaucomaM is not given.
>So how can I know that?

Not familliar with the packages at all but if you simply enter:

> data ("GlaucomaM", package="ipred")
> GlaucomaM

All the data will be shown for you which helps you understand what it is - a bit!  There is a lot of data and it wraps so its hard to understand.  So instead try:

> summary (GlaucomaM)
That'll tell you a bit about the 'field' names and the sort of content it has.

What all the fields are ... not so sure!  I'm afraid the output in the example means nothing to me - but possibly if you understand recursive partitioning you understand the output which when you know that the input fields are might help.  Alternatively if you still struggle with the input fields they stole the data from the ipred package.  I generally find that if you want to know what a package is all about going to: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/<packagename>/<packagename>.pdf seems to give you the manual!  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ipred/ipred.pdf  - does indeed and there is a bookmarked section all about the GlaucomaM dataset. Gives you every field name and what it means... still none the wiser - I assume if you laser scan peoples eyes it means something!  That same page would also be available with:

> library (ipred)
> help (GlaucomaM)

Hopefully that helps?

Calum