[R] as.ltraj error: date should be of the same length as xy

Mako13 mbyrne4 at tigers.lsu.edu
Wed Aug 26 22:02:34 CEST 2009

Hello!

Im really not a whiz at this stuff so please bear with me....

I have radio tracking data involving relocations of raccoons over the course
of a night (locations every 20 minutes).  I have the date and time of each
location.  I am trying to convert the data into an type II ltraj so I can do
a first passage time analysis.  My problem is that when I try to create the
ltraj I get the following error message

Error in as.ltraj(xy, da, id) : date should be of the same length as xy

Does anybody know why I get this message/what it means/how to fix it? Here
is the code I that I have used so far

>data1<- read.csv(file.choose())
> xy <- data1[,c("X","Y")]
> da <- as.character(data1$Time)
> da <- as.POSIXct(strptime(as.character(data1$Time),"%m/%d/%y%H:%M:%S"))
> id <- as.character(data1$id)
> data1 <- as.ltraj(xy, da, id)
Error in as.ltraj(xy, da, id) : date should be of the same length as xy

If anybody could help me get through this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Mike