[R] std.error

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 23:19:56 CEST 2009

On Aug 28, 2009, at 2:50 PM, Mcdonald, Grant wrote:

> dear sir,
>
> i am trying to calculate the standard error of my data (x),

The term standard error is generally applied to a parameter estimate
such as a regression coefficient. You may be looking for the function
to retrun the standard deviation. If so then try:

?sd

> i have tried se(x, na.rm=TRUE)
> and std.error(x)
>
> neither have worked and i cannot find an alternative

If my guess regarding your source of confusion is wrong then you will
need to reply with many more details regarding x.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories