[R] Please help regarding "NaN" in sets package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Aug 30 11:06:49 CEST 2009

MSP Stat wrote:
> Hi List!
> I had enquired about the above few days back and did not get an answer. So I
> am asking again. Thanks.

Perhaps you should read the posting guide at first (and each R-help
message contains the footer):

"PLEASE do read the posting guide
http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html and provide commented,
minimal, self-contained, reproducible code."

It is also a good idea to sign messages with a name, we are quite
reluctant to answer to robots.

> I have built a program for fuzzy inference using the "sets" package.
> Though there are no errors after defuzzifying using gset_defuzzify()
> command, the output after using the "centroid" option is a "NaN".
> What may be going wrong here?

If you had given reproducible code, I suspect some people would be
volunteering to look at it, perhaps including the authors of those
functions and the package maintainer who could also be asked (including
the aforementioned relevant details, of course).

Best,
Uwe Ligges