[R] Offtopic, HT vs. HH in coin flips

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Aug 31 22:55:05 CEST 2009

It gets even more interesting when you ask about which
of 2 triples of head/tail sequences appears first in an
infinite sequence of heads and tails.  Martin Gardiner
wrote about this in the early 1970's
 Martin Gardner, "Mathematical Games: The Paradox of the Nontransitive
Dice and the Elusive Principle of Indifference." Scientific American
223, 110-114, Dec. 1970
(and perhaps again in 1974).  His book, "The Colossal
Book of Mathematics: classic puzzles, paradoxes, and
problems" has that stuff reprinted and updated.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software Inc - Spotfire Division
wdunlap tibco.com