[R] JMP <-> R ?

Wai-Kuan Yip waikuan.yip at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 03:29:06 CET 2009

Hi Stephen,

Option 2 I am not sure, but option 3 cannot be used because R is not an OLE
component (Microsoft-objects). You can call JMP and the functions from C#,
VB, Excel, etc. (all the Microsoft related stuff) but can't call R. You just
need to make sure that the common library JMP.TLB is linked up for example
from your VB code. Unfortunately, R doesn't have this linking. Option 1 is
also out, that's for reading input from the serial port. Keep us updated on
your findings!

Wai-Kuan Yip
http://www.deakin.edu.au/~waiyip http://www.deakin.edu.au/~waiyip