[R] Multiple grouping on the X axis.

Munin jbarbee at micron.com
Tue Dec 1 19:07:27 CET 2009

   I am trying to plot data with multiple logical and physical groups using
R.  Below is a sample of the kind of data I am working with and the desired
output.  We have a jmp script that can do the same thing, but at ~$200 a
year the licensing is counterproductive.  Thanks for any help.

Data input: Loaded from a CSV file.
Physical_1 Logical_1 Logical_2 Data_1 Data_2
x               Y           Z2          54       56
x               Y2         Z2          53       55
x               Y3         Z2          52       54
x2             Y           Z            60       58
x2             Y2         Z            59       57
x2             Y3         Z            58       56
x3             Y           Z            56       53
x3             Y2         Z            55       52
x3             Y3         Z            54       51
x4             Y           Z2          52       55
x4             Y2         Z2           51       54
x4             Y3         Z2           50       53

I need the graph to be grouped as follows:
|Y|Y2|Y3|Y|Y2|Y3|Y|Y2|Y3|Y|Y2|Y3|