[R] Calling R (GNU R) functions from Common Lisp, how?

TJW thjwong at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:25:40 CET 2009

Hi Lisp users,

I'm a user of both Common Lisp and R (GNU R).
I found R has a rich collection of statistical and numerical
computation functions, while it is not as extensible as Lisp (Common
Lisp).
I considered Lisp-Stat but its only implementation is not in the
usuall Common Lisp, and the available functions in CRAN are far richer
than Lisp-Stat currently has.

I want to know if there is already an existing way of calling R
functions from within Common Lisp?
If no, please point me to relevant resources so that I can create one
(that works in a platform-independent manner).

Best,
tjw