[R] calculation problem when export and import data

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 04:04:19 CET 2009

Exactly what errors are you getting?  What is the 'str(a)' so we have
an idea of the data you are processing.  Why don't you use save/load
so that the data is saved in the original format.  Have you checked
the structure of the data before/after the write.table/read.table?

Also take a look at what is being returned with your 'mean(a[rep,])';
this would appear to be multivalued depending on what your dataframe
is: e.g.,

> x <- data.frame(a=1:10, b=1:10, c=letters[1:10])
> mean(x)
  a   b   c
5.5 5.5  NA
Warning message:
In mean.default(X[[3L]], ...) :
  argument is not numeric or logical: returning NA

So there is more information that you have to provide; also try to
look at the structure of all your objects to see if they are what you
think they should be.