[R] Announcement: the 2nd Chinese R Conference

Yihui Xie xieyihui at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 07:22:29 CET 2009

Hi useRs,

We are happy to announce that "the 2nd Chinese R Conference" is to be
held on Dec 5 - 6 in Beijing (Renmin University of China) and Dec 12
-13 in Shanghai (East China Normal University). Although the
registration has been turned off now and we have got more participants
than we expected, we still welcome more useRs to attend the conference
(free of charge but might be crowded).

Here is a rough list of topics to be covered on the conference:

- R and WinBUGS
- spatial statistics
- statistical graphics and visualization
- embedding R into other applications
- econometrics
- security issues
- biology
- nonparametric and robust statistics
- spectral analysis
- gray models
- data mining
- market analysis
- geological and environmental statistics
- web applications
- automated reporting
- psychology
- applications in food industry
- survival analysis
- applications in semiconductor industry
- Java programming with R
- social network analysis
- writing R extensions

For more details, please visit: http://cos.name/useR/useR-2009/