[R] adding bmp/jpg/gif to an existing plot

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 5 08:27:42 CET 2009

Hi,

If you can first convert the image to ppm format, the pixmap package
has an addlogo function that can do just what you want,

x <- read.pnm(system.file("pictures/logo.ppm", package="pixmap")[1])
plot(1:10,1:10)
addlogo(x, px=c(2, 4), py=c(6, 8), asp=1)

One could probably get inspiration from the addlogo code to make a
similar function for EBImage.

Alternatively, you could use Grid graphics as shown in this page,

http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:graphics-grid:displaybitmap

I wrote a similar function for EBImage that you can use to annotate
ggplot2 graphics.

HTH,

baptiste