[R] Subset sum problem.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Dec 7 15:56:45 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm quite new to the R-project. I was suggested to look into it because I am
trying to solve the "Subset sum" problem", which basically is:
Given a set of integers and an integer s, does any non-empty subset sum to s?
(See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subset_sum_problem)

I have been searching the web for quite some time now (which is how I
eventually discovered that my problem is called subset sum), but I can't seem
to find an easily applicable implementation. I did search the list archive,
the R website and used the help.search and apropos function. I'm afraid
nothing obvious showed up for me.

Has anybody tackled this issue before in R ? If so, I would be very grateful
if you could share your solution with me.

Thank you very much.

Geert