[R] SSfpl question

Airey, David C david.airey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Dec 8 04:35:29 CET 2009

In using SSfpl() recently with nlsList(), I came across a data set of mine that failed, because the call to nls() inside SSfpl() exceeded 50 iterations. nlsList converges with my own starting values and extra allowed iterations. Has anyone else experienced this with SSfpl() and what do you do about this if you want to use SSfpl()? How do you give SSfpl() a chance at more iterations? Do I rewrite SSfpl() with use of control=list(maxiter=1000)?