[R] Announcing a new R news site: R-bloggers.com

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Dec 8 18:37:09 CET 2009

On 8 December 2009 at 12:24, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
| I am not sure if its still the case but one of the problems with the
| Planet R feed was that it had material in it not related to R or
| statistics or any technical subject at all so if you harvest it be
| sure to exclude such sources.

This comes up on some of the other 'Planet *' aggregators I read --- and the
general consensus that it is a good thing to see a fuller and broader picture
of activities of the community members. This is not meant to replace a
narrowly-focussed mailing lists.  So call it a feature and not a bug.

For filtering of RSS feeds see e.g. Yahoo Pipes (http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/)

Dirk