[R] plm ? tests of poolability ? error: insufficient number

Millo Giovanni Giovanni_Millo at Generali.com
Thu Dec 10 12:45:14 CET 2009

Hello Cecilia,

nice hearing from you again. I must restate a couple of my old hints,
though ;^)
1) please always put the authors c/c, as we are not guaranteed to browse
through the r-help every day
2) please provide reproducible examples.

As example(pooltest) keeps working fine, as do some other cases I tried
(Grunfeld data etc.), I don't know what the problem is but evidently
your data are peculiar in exposing it.

Sure the data numerosity must be enough, but maybe you have something
which doesn't vary along some dimension, and gets dropped? or some
groups which are all-NA? Do the "random" and "pooling" options crash as
well?

You might use traceback() to better identify the problem, and/or send a
complete example to the list or even to me separately if it's too heavy.

Cheers,
Giovanni

Giovanni Millo
Research Dept.,