[R] barplot and cumulative curve using ggplot2 layers

Sunitap22 sunitap22 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:35:30 CET 2009

Hello

My dataset is as follows:
jobno       recruits
1100         18
1200         1
1850         5
2100         190
2789          25
3000          1
.                .
the dataset has 130 rows

I want to plot barplot from left side and cumulative curve from right side
in one graph itself using layers in ggplot2.

I sorted the recruits 1st in decreasing order and then used
mydata <- data.frame(jobno, recruits)
ggplot(mydata, aes(x = jobno, y = recruits)) + geom_bar()

but I am getting an error
"stat_bin: binwidth defaulted to range/30. Use 'binwidth = x' to adjust
this.
Error in pmin(y, 0) : object "y" not found"

Can someone guide me regarding this? How to get barplot from left side and
cumulative curve from right side in one graph itself.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Sunita