[R] Need help to forecasting the data of the time series .

G. Jay Kerns gkerns at ysu.edu
Thu Dec 10 23:08:43 CET 2009

Dear R-help,

This thread was started by a graduate student that I am supervising
who is supposed to know how to do this already.

I would appreciate it if the readers of this list would please refrain
from any further responses to him;  he was supposed to complete this
project on his own to satisfy Master's degree requirements, and he is
now in enough trouble as it is.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:19 PM, stephen's mailinglist account
<stephen4mailinglists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/TimeSeries.html
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Ricci-refcard-ts.pdf
>
> http://www.statoek.wiso.uni-goettingen.de/veranstaltungen/zeitreihen/sommer03/ts_r_intro.pdf
>
> http://tur-www1.massey.ac.nz/~pscowper/ts/
>
> http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/~mazlc/TSA/r-ts.pdf
>
> turn it into a time series (ts is function - help(ts))
> start plotting
>
> --
> Stephen

Thanks for the brief response, Stephen; he has seen (most of) this before.

Unbelievable.
Jay

G. Jay Kerns, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH 44555-0002 USA
Office: 1035 Cushwa Hall
Phone: (330) 941-3310 Office (voice mail)
-3302 Department
-3170 FAX
VoIP: gjkerns at ekiga.net
E-mail: gkerns at ysu.edu