[R] Literature analysis

nshephard nshephard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:08:48 CET 2009

Schwan wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> i am new in R. I am writing a review paper about batteries. However, i
> am interested in analyzing all the papers by keywords, author,
> references and year.
> This could be done by "refviz" a software, which is only running on
> windows machines and which is not free.
>
> So my question to you is, is it somehow possible to write a script that
> can do all of this work?

Describing what you mean by "all of this work" would be useful as the above
is rather vague as you don't describe what analysis refviz actually
performs.

Schwan wrote:

> And if yes, with what i should start?

Start learning how to use R.  There are good links from the R-project
homepage under the Wiki, Other and Books section.  I've found Braun &
Murdoch "A First Course in Statistical Programming with R" to be a good book
to get me going.

Neil