[R] Export R output to Word/RTF?

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Sat Dec 12 00:53:52 CET 2009

Wenjie Lee wrote:

> Hi R Experts,
>
> I'm aware of pdf(), jpeg(),... functions. But,
>
> 1. Is it also possible to export graphs directly to word or RTF? I use to
> copy and paste graphs but resolutions are not so great.
>
> 2. Also, is it possible to export your out to word file? I use sink()
> function to export it text files.
>
> Any suggestions, thanks,
>
> Wenjie Lee

I haven't used it myself, but the odfWeave package may be of some use:

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/odfWeave/index.html

If it provides similar functionality to Sweave, then you should be able to:

  - embed R code chunks in an OpenOffice document

  - process that document with R

  - end up with a document containing figures and other results of the R
analysis

I use Sweave, which outputs to LaTeX, all the time-- combining my
computations and report in the same document is incredibly nice.

Hope this helps!

-Charlie