[R] random effects in mixed model not that 'random'

Thomas Mang thomasmang.ng at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 15:12:16 CET 2009

HI,

Thanks for your response; yes you are right it's not fully on topic, but
I chose this list not only because I am using R for all my stats and so
read it anyway, but also because here many statisticians read too.
Do you know another list where my question is more appropriate ?
For what it's worth, haven't found a local statistician yet to really
answer the question, but I'll continue searching ...

thanks,
Thomas