[R] Subtitle & conova post hoc

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 15:53:26 CET 2009

On Dec 13, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

> Google for
>  r-help title problem
> and read the entire thread for a number of approaches.

This is a minor modification of Gabor's code in that thread that shows
it is possible to have varying font sizes within the main arguments.
Unfortunately it also demonstrates that I don't know how to create
repeating strings properly, but I can live with that limitation in my
knowledge for now.

  opar <- par(oma = 4 * c(1, 1, 1, 1), no.readonly = TRUE); par(mfrow
= 1:2)
plot(1:3, 9:7)
plot(1:3, 7:9)
for(i in 1:3) title(main = paste(rep("sub",i-1),"Title", sep="-"),
line = 3-i, outer = TRUE, cex.main=3/i); par(opar)

--
David.