[R] Repeated Measures Analysis - GLM

protonringe ingo.rentrop at web.de
Sun Dec 13 17:29:23 CET 2009

Hello to the R world...

I have some problems regarding a GLM - repeated measures analysis.

I want to test overall differences between AgeClass and Treatment (between
subject) with OpenR1+OpenR2+OpenR3 (repeated measures, within subject).  The
table looks kind like this:

AgeClass	Treatment	OpenR1	OpenR2	OpenR3
1	1	0	0	12.63
1	1	12.67	3.83	45.67
1	1	38.46	65.38	75.21
1	1	14.46	0	17.96
1	2	27.83	47.33	66.38
1	2	15.75	0	10.21
1	2	43.96	41.04	51.88
1	2	52.96	55.54	41.58
1	3	43.13	71.25	82.71
1	3	0.25	18.46	27.04
1	3	0.79	21.75	68.38
2	1	0	0	0
2	1	0	0	0
2	1	1.17	18.75	45.67
2	1	0	0	0
2	1	0	0	49.42
2	2	2.13	0	26.63
2	2	0	8.13	23.88
2	2	2.25	0	0
2	2	30.96	25.71	10.92
2	3	33.33	30.71	16.63
2	3	0	20.04	14.88
2	3	24.96	0	3.88
.
.
.

I tried several things, for example this:
aov(?????~(OpenR1*OpenR2*OpenR3*AgeClass*Treatment)+Error(??????/(OpenR1*OpenR2*OpenR3))+(AgeClass*Treatment))

I don't really know what response-variable to use, or what the
subject-variable is....

There is no problem to create the model with SPSS, but for my Diploma-Thesis
in biology i want to do all the statistics with R...

Regards and many thanks in advance....

Ingo