[R] lines don't wrap. must scroll horizontally to see/edit a long line in R GUI

Viju Moses vijumoses at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:43:42 CET 2009

Thanks for responding.

Problem: When I am typing a command, it does not wrap like it does in this
email while typing. As I reach the right border, a horizontal scroll bar
appears, and as I keep typing further, the initial part of the line starts
disappearing below the left border of the console. So, I am unable to see a
long line completely without moving the scroll bar right and left. R output,
eg >1:120 (as discussed earlier), is wrapped fine.

I find this difficult because I had been using R in Linux (terminal), now it
is necessary for me to use it both in Windows and Linux. My first question
was short because it is exactly the same as in the link I'd pasted. The
purpose of this question is simply to ask how this can be changed. I
understand it's a feature, not a bug.

A screenshot of the R console is attached. Notice the $ on the left and the
scrollbar below.

Hope that's explanation enough. Looking forward to your reply.