[R] CORRECTION - Generation of Random numbers in a loop

Gray Calhoun gray.calhoun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 12:27:33 CET 2009

Hi Maithili,
  This is probably easiest if you think in terms of functions.  Just
apply 'runif' along the right vectors

## gives you one data frame with the min and max
limits <- read.table(textConnection("name min max
A11    1.05  1.30
A12    1.30  1.60
A13    1.60  1.99"), header = TRUE)
d <- merge(ONS, limits)

cbind(randomdraw = unlist(mapply(runif, d$number, d$min, d$max)), name
= rep(d$name, d$number))

## now save it to a csv file, etc.