[R] Plot with a factor variable which has large values

changzhu changzhu at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 20:42:14 CET 2009

I wanted to do a simple plot: Death Rate vs Clinical Site, and then draw a
confidence interval of Death Rate at each clinical site, which is a factor
variable with 100 levels. I used the following code:

plot(Site, Rate, col="red", type="o")

However, the graph was a short line at each site instead of points, and the
color was not red at all. Seem to me for factor variable all options are not
working ! Could anybody help me on how  to draw points at each site, with
specific color? if possible, how to further draw confidence interval at each
site?

I appreciate!