[R] Package creation - require statement?

Jeff Breiwick jeff.breiwick at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 18 23:49:19 CET 2009

All,

I have used package.skeleton, edited the .Rd files and the DESCRIPTON file.
In one of my package functions I am using RODBC so I have a line of code
that reads: require(RODBC).

In my DESCRIPTION file I have the following relevant line:
Depends: R (>= 2.9.0), RODBC

However, when I do a check (Rcmd check my_package_name) I get this warning:
* checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... WARNING
'library' or 'require' calls not declared from:
  RODBC
See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter 'Creating R
packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

Does anyone know where I have gone astray? Thank you.

Jeff Breiwick