[R] Help,Suggest me some methods to identify training set and test set!!!

bbslover dluthm at yeah.net
Mon Dec 21 15:09:35 CET 2009

I want to split my whole dateset to training set and test set, building model
in training set, and validate model using test set. Now, How can I split my
dataset to them reasonally. Please give me a hand, It is better to give me
some R code.

and I see some ways like using SOM to project whole independents to
2-dimensions and find some to be training set and others are test set.  like
below. I also want to do this. and my date is in xls accessory. Please help
me.  and excel file is 218*47 matrix, 47 are indepents. I want to project it
to 2D and label the corresponding sample label like that picture below.

thank you!
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n976245/SOM%2Btraining%2Bset%2Band%2Btest%2Bset.jpg
SOM+training+set+and+test+set.jpg
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n976245/matlab218x47.xls matlab218x47.xls