[R] Building static HTML help pages in R 2.10.x on Windows

Steve Rowley sgr at alum.mit.edu
Tue Dec 22 21:40:06 CET 2009

I upgraded to R2.10.1pat and discovered, along with everybody else,
that static HTML pages are no longer the default.  Fine; my tastes
would go the other way, but I'm happy to adapt.

However, I'd still like to build static HTML pages (for stable
bookmarking, use when R is not running, etc.).

I'm using the Windows installer, so the advice in the R Installation &
Admin guide (section 2.2, "Help options") to use the configure option
--enable-prebuilt-html doesn't seem to apply.  I'm using
install.packages() rather than R CMD INSTALL, so I don't quite
understand how the --html arg to R CMD INSTALL can apply either.

So, can anybody point me to an example of either:

(a) how to build the static HTML help pages of all currently
    installed packages under Windows,

or, failing that

(b) how to do this on Windows ab initio, from a clean install?

Thanks!
--
Steve Rowley <sgr at alum.mit.edu> http://alum.mit.edu/www/sgr/