[R] Help with makeClusters for Snow

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 23 11:12:20 CET 2009

See http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.10/@ReadMe for
what packages are not made available as binary packages for Windows.
You can install packages Rmpi and rpvm from the sources (but not
easily) if you have the requisite software installed.  See e.g.

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/yu/Rmpi/windows.htm
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/help/06/11/5171.html

'NWS' is not a uniquely defined TLA. Perhaps CRAN package 'nws' is
meant, which does have a Windows binary, but note the description

                as well as limited cross-language data exchange, using
                the netWorkSpaces server developed by REvolution
                Computing

which suggests you need a commercial product to use it (despite the
lack of a SystemRequirements field).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk