[R] Rgraphviz on mac 10.6.2

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed Dec 23 18:32:18 CET 2009

Please report issues with Bioconductor packages on the Bioconductor
mailing list.

  http://bioconductor.org/docs/mailList.html

The top of the page you mention has

  Users on all platforms must install graphviz; see the README file,
  available in the source distribution of this file, for details.

A 'binary' installation of Rgraphviz requires that the version of
graphviz on the machine on which it is installed matches the version on
the machine on which it was built; from the README file:

OSX installation
================

Most users would want to use a binary version of Rgraphviz. This means
obtaining the exact same version of Graphviz as is being used on the
build machine. Rgraphviz will inform you of any version
inconsistencies when loaded.

At the moment the Graphviz website only distribute binaries for
Leopard. For Bioconductor 2.5 you will need version 2.22.2 from their
website.

Rgraphviz can also be installed from source, e.g., biocLite('Rgrahpviz',
type='source'). There is then no specific requirement for graphviz
version, but you must have tools for building binary packages available
on your computer. See

  http://r.research.att.com/tools/

Martin