[R] how to append new data to saved data on disk efficiently

Hao Cen hcen at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 29 14:40:17 CET 2009

Hi,

I currently combine multiple processed data (data frame) into a list and
save the list as ".rda" using the save command. When new data come, I load
the rda file, process the new data into a data frame, append the data
frame to the end of the list, and save the whole list to the disk. The
change the old data in the list when new data come, I wonder if there is
an efficient way to update the rda efficiently, e.g. appending the new
data to the rda file directly without loading the whole rda file?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Jeff