[R] Obtaining partial output from a function that does not run to completion.

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Thu Dec 31 15:29:36 CET 2009

I have written a function that contains runs
lm()
vif()  and
glm()

When the glm() blows up with an error message, I don't get the output from either the lm() or vf() even thought neither lm() nor vif() have any problems . How can I force the function to print sequential results rather than wait for the entire function to complete before listing the functhion's output?
Thanks,
John

minBMI<-function(SS,SimData)
{
SampleData<-sample(1:SS,size=SS,replace=TRUE)
fitBMIEpiRevlm<-lm(AAMTCARE~BMIEpiRevAdjc+BMIEpiRevAdjcSq+SEX+jPHI+jMEDICAID+H_AGE+jMARSTAT+factor(jEDUCATION)+factor(jsmokercat)+factor(jrace)+log(INCOME_C+1),data=SimData[SampleData,],x=TRUE)
print(summary(fitBMIEpiRevlm))
print(vif(fitBMIEpiRevlm))
fitBMIEpiRev<- glm(AAMTCARE~BMIEpiRevAdjc+BMIEpiRevAdjcSq+SEX+jPHI+jMEDICAID+H_AGE+jMARSTAT+factor(jEDUCATION)+factor(jsmokercat)+factor(jrace)+log(INCOME_C+1),data=SimData[SampleData,],family=Gamma(link="log"))

print(summary(fitBMIEpiRev))
}
minBMI(SS,SimData)

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for th...{{dropped:6}}