[R] Obtaining partial output from a function that does not run to completion.

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu Dec 31 18:34:02 CET 2009

If you are using the Windows GUI version of R you may
be running into "output buffering", in which output is
not printed until the top level expression is done or
until enough output is generated.  The Misc\Buffered Output
menu item or pressing control-W will toggle output buffering.
If that fixes your problem, I think you can use dialog box
under the Edit\GUI Preferences ... menu item to set the
default value for output buffering.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com

> minBMI<-function(SS,SimData)
> {
> SampleData<-sample(1:SS,size=SS,replace=TRUE)
> fitBMIEpiRevlm<-lm(AAMTCARE~BMIEpiRevAdjc+BMIEpiRevAdjcSq+SEX+
jPHI+jMEDICAID+H_AGE+jMARSTAT+factor(jEDUCATION)+factor(jsmokerc>
at)+factor(jrace)+log(INCOME_C+1),data=SimData[SampleData,],x=TRUE)