[R] Problems in Recommending R

friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Feb 2 14:04:07 CET 2009

  > Dear Fritz,
  > I'm wondering if the use of plain HTML is a conditio sine qua
  > non.

Just not to be mistaken: with plain HTML I mostly meant text files, of
course including CSS etc.

  > What are the advantages of maintaining the website via SVN?
  > IMO maintaining a website and source code are two separate things.

Sure, but it makes life easier for us: this way all of R core can
modify the webpage, and access rights etc are easier to maintain if
all is done using the same system (in our case, SVN).

It is simply very convenient that I don't have learn and remember
different tools for different aspects of the R project. Most of us
have almost everything under version control (from source code to HTML
pages, to latex files, etc), it simply is the groupware we use.

Best,
Fritz

Prof. Dr. Friedrich Leisch

Institut für Statistik                          Tel: (+49 89) 2180 3165
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität                  Fax: (+49 89) 2180 5308
Ludwigstraße 33
D-80539 München                     http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~leisch