[R] Problems in Recommending R

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:37:45 CET 2009

Having listened to the complains I would like to say that I disagree.
I like the Cran web set up.  Given the amount of material it contains
it is relatively easy to find things.  It would be helpful if one read
some of the material such as the  FAQ or  the R for windows FAQ or
even the descriptions opposite links such as base  which appeared to
cause problems.  I am not in favour of the over bloated sites of many
commercial companies.  Have you ever tried to negotiate the microsoft
site? Some things work well but those that don't are terrible.  I
think that the current team are doing a good job.  The site caters for
many operating systems with a multitude of users at various levels

Best Regards

John