[R] holidays effect

vito muggeo vmuggeo at dssm.unipa.it
Wed Feb 4 17:30:41 CET 2009

Gabor Grothendieck ha scritto:
> One possibility if you don't have to have days is to reduce it to a
> weekly or monthly
> series.
Alternatively you can put a dummy variable (1=holiday  and zero
otherwise) in the regression model for your response. For instance, you
could use the xreg argument of the arima() function.

This allows to avoid aggregation of your data which, in general, is not
recommended..

best,
vito

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:46 AM, elisia
> <elisabetta.fabris at guest.telecomitalia.it> wrote:
>> how can I eliminate the influence of the festivities in a time series with
>> daily data?I tried to remove them and replace their value with a value of
>> interpolation using na.approx (). There is an alternative method?
>> --

Vito M.R. Muggeo
Dip.to Sc Statist e Matem `Vianelli'
Università di Palermo