[R] Problems in Recommending R

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Wed Feb 4 18:18:57 CET 2009

In any redesign we need to remember that a good user interface  that works with as many browsers as possible should be the primary design criteria. We don't need eye candy.
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

>>> hadley wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> 2/4/2009 11:05 AM >>>
>  > One of my colleagues is a interdisciplinary PhD in Design and
>  > Psychology and he has an "in" with a design school where we might be
>  > able to get students to take on the redesign of the website.
>
> Thanks a lot, sounds exactly like what we need. If they don't succeed
> we can always by time from a professional afterwards. But I'd say
> let's give them a shot. For the students it should be more thrilling
> to work on a site that gets thousands of hits per day rather than
> redoing the menu of the school, cafeteria ;-)

It might be good to put some mild restriction on the design:

 * should be valid (x)html and css
 * use the YUI css grid framework for layout
 * use jquery for any (subtle) animated or interactive effects

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/