[R] factor

kayj kjaja27 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 20:18:18 CET 2009

Thanks for the tip, it worked, but I was wondering if I can use a vector of
variables so I tried

mode (l)
“List”
> l[3,1]
[1] A
Levels: A ,B , C
>l[2,1]
[1] B
Levels: A ,B , C
>l[1,1]
[1] C
Levels: A ,B , C

I am trying to use the variable name  so I tried
fx<-factor(x,levels=c(l[3,1],l[2,1],l[1,1]))

and that did not work, how can I use variables to create a vector?