[R] chi squared goodness of fit test with R

Stephan Kolassa Stephan.Kolassa at gmx.de
Wed Feb 4 21:03:33 CET 2009

Hi Evrim,

chisq.test() performs chi^2 GOF tests.

However, the chi^2 test may be sensitive to how you bin your data if you
are working with continuous data (as I infer from your mentioning
cutting). You may want to look at other GOF tests. Perhaps the NIST
statistics is a good starting point:
http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/index.htm

HTH,
Stephan