[R] change individual label colours in a cluster plot?

Jim Ottaway j.ottaway at lse.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 16:58:45 CET 2009

> Hi,

> If you have a variable, that defines what you want to differentiate
> (sociology, economics etc.) then you can add color depending on the
> value of that variable. You will have to convert it to numeric if it is
> not. An example would be

> plot( iris[ , 1 ], iris[ , 2], col = iris[ , 3 ] )

Thank you.  I'm not sure that I can do that with an hclust object,
though: perhaps something using the text function and the order data in
the hclust object might work?

Currently, I'm good getting results using a script to edit the
postscript output, but I'm keen to find an R solution, if only to
improve my understanding of R graphicss.

Yours sincerely,
--
Jim Ottaway