[R] optimal control, maximization with several variables?

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Feb 5 17:33:51 CET 2009

I assume that you are looking to solve, in R, the constrained optimization problem:

H (u1, u2) = a*u1+b*u2+c*f1(u2)+lambda*(x')
with constraints: 0<u1<x, 0<u2<f2(x,u2)

where a, b, x, and x' are known.

Am I right?

If so, you can use the package Rdonlp2.

I have written an extension of ConstrOptim that can handle nonlinear inequality constraints. This is another option.

Best,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,